Active Hurricane Season Forecast: Versare Offers Pre-Storm Assistance and Peace of Mind

May 31st 2024

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is predicting “above-normal” hurricane activity in the Atlantic basin this year

In its outlook for the 2024 Atlantic hurricane season, which runs June 1 through Nov. 30, NOAA predicts an 85 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 10 percent chance of a near-normal season, and a 5 percent change of a below-normal season. 

But why are these potentially heavy-hitting predictions brewing for the 2024 hurricane season? It’s a perfect storm of several factors, including abnormally warm Atlantic Ocean temperatures and the development of La Niña conditions — a highly conducive environment for tropical storm formation.

In its 2024 report, NOAA is forecasting a range of 17 to 25 total named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher). Of those, eight to 13 are forecast to become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including four to seven major hurricanes (category 3, 4, or 5 storms with winds of 111 mph or higher). If the upper limits of NOAA’s 2024 forecast come to fruition, this year’s hurricane season will surpass the 2023 season. Last year, the Atlantic basin saw 20 named storms, with seven hurricanes and three major hurricanes, ranking fourth for the most-named storms in a year since 1950.

As stated in the release, severe weather and emergencies can happen at any given moment. It’s important for individuals and communities to be prepared before these challenging times hit the shoreline to better recover later.

As individuals take the time to write down their hurricane plan, gather supplies, and get their home, car, and family ready for storms, cities and communities should also prep their disaster plans now. Versare is here to help with our rapid response relief support.

We have a proven track record of providing rapidly deployable solutions for critical operations in demanding environments, including military applications, disaster sheltering, and medical facilities. Our lightweight dividers, room kits, and flooring are not simply temporary structures; they are meticulously engineered to ensure exceptional security and efficient functionality, even under the most challenging circumstances.

What makes us different is our products are a nearly tool-free assembly for the fastest installation and removal. Plus, our products — made in the USA — are easy to reconfigure, but still engineered to withstand difficult environments for added durability. From private dormitories and rooms to medical dividers for field hospitals, we’re here to help with your hurricane plan.

Are you looking for fast, flexible solutions for temporary facilities, housing, and emergency response, as seen here? Contact us today!